Posts filed under 'Weird Ideas'
North Wales – December 11, 2011 – The newest scam straight from North Wales in the UK involves faux pregnant women using fake pregnant bellies to blackmail married men they had casual encounters with.
The way it work is they meet these men online through mainstream dating services. They have a one night fling and contact the ‘mark’ 6 months later after sending pregnancy pictures, they meet briefly in person and the men are encouraged to feel the belly where their baby-to-be is living. Then the women says she needs up to $35,000 for a dangerous late-term abortion or even more money so they don’t sue for child support and reveal the affair.
These artificial copies molded from real pregnant women’s bellies are made of silica gel, and are being sold on the Internet. The silica gel makes them take on a very natural quality, close to human skin texture. Some online shop owners have said that the fake bellies are highly comfortable and have a flesh color.
This ring was cracked last Thurs. after police from the North East Wales District picked up Betty Perkforde, this was her 5th arrest for prostitution and she agreed to turn in the ring leader and this pack of grifters.
We interviewed one of the arresting police officers involved in the case that did not want to be identified and he said;
“We were very impressed with the patience and organization this group of scammers exhibited”. “They had no problem siting back and waiting months to re-contact these men and then showed ruthlessness in squeezing as much money as possible out of them”. “This is a whole new twist to prostitution and blackmail”.
When their large Wrexham home was raided they police found detailed ledgers of all the money extorted. In all there was 149 victims over the course of 26 months with £5.7 million euros having changed hands. There was 10 women involved and each would get approximately £8,000 euros per victim with the balance paid to their business manager, AKA; pimp.
December 12th, 2011
Has going green gone too far? The 2012 Ford Focus–launching early next year–is set to be decked out in recycled blue jeans in Ford’s latest effort to maximize eco-friendly materials.
The automotive company has a history of experimenting with eco-friendly materials–they’ve even used soy foam cushions before–and the recycled denim will be used in carpet-backing and sound absorption materials for “interior quietness” according to their press release.
I am not sure how I feel about having someones old jeans built into my car…..
Some might not be that appealing?
Then again, some do have a bit more re-use appeal!
December 1st, 2010
– A Utah man is suing a group of would-be property owners for $38 quadrillion. Considering there is only about $24 trillion in circulation around the entire world at any given time, that could prove a difficult number to collect. What a waste of courts time, I hope they hit him with costs.
– In Barrie, ON a pizza pie with tomato sauce, oregano and cheese was on the menu at a spectacle which attracted a prize-winning eater – and eventual champ – from the United States, another from Mississauga and 10 others, including a local couple. In 12 minutes Kobayashi downed 10 pizzas sliced into 40 pieces. Ummm, I love pizza but that is gross!!
– A student from Brazil entered a Florida bar Tuesday morning, peed in two cups, then placed them on the bar, police say. OK, this one is even more gross, what a freak’in idiot!
August 25th, 2010
The coffee is highly prized for its smooth flavor and bitterless aftertaste, sometimes fetching well over $200 a pound online. Indonesia’s top Islamic body declared Tuesday that Muslims can drink civet coffee — the world’s most expensive coffee, which is extracted from the dung of civet cats.
A preacher recently suggested the beverage might not be “halal” — or religiously approved — because its provenance makes it unclean. But after a long discussion Tuesday, the influential Indonesian Ulema Council said that the coffee, known locally as Kopi Luwak, could be consumed as long as the beans were washed.
Kopi Luwak, which takes it name from the Indonesian word for civets, is made from hard beans that have been eaten by the nocturnal critters and then fermented in their stomachs before being pooped out and roasted. Civet cats are mongoose-like animals.
In Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim nation, Kopi Luwak is produced in the main Java island, Sumatra and Sulawesi. It is also found under different names elsewhere in Southeast Asia. Only 1,000 pounds are said to be produced annually worldwide.
The Ulema Council has often issued fatwas, or edicts, including several controversial rulings against smoking and yoga. Its edicts are not legally binding, but many devout Muslims abide by them. I will stick to Tim Horton’s and Starbucks, thanks.
July 23rd, 2010
Here are a couple of epic fail tattoos
June 1st, 2010
– From the yucky files! A Colorado family and an Arizona nonprofit are fighting in court over who gets the head of a woman who died this month, along with a $50,000 annuity she left behind.
– Police in Georgia say a 23-year-old man grabbed a baseball bat inside of a Walmart store on Wednesday and smashed 29 flat-screen televisions. I am guessing anger management courses will be part of his sentence.
– A strip club in Ohio has raised $1,000 for Haitian earthquake relief during what was billed as “Lap dances for Haiti. Ummm, is that legal?
– Police say a man who stuffed 75 bottles of body lotion in his pants couldn’t slip away from authorities, hampered by slacks that were nearly bursting at the seams. Dry skin I guess?
March 3rd, 2010
I thought these cakes were pretty cool and funny!
February 1st, 2010
Joseph Carnevale, 21, has been arrested by the Raleigh Police Department for creating this cool traffic barrel monster. Rumor has it that this little artistic prank would have gone unpunished if it wasn’t for the fact that the police chiefs wife, Sarah Renyolds had a fender bender after spotting this and was laughing so hard she lost control of her brand new Navigator and crashed into the barrels just beyond this peice of art.
June 14th, 2009