This is Batman going green!
North Wales – December 11, 2011 – The newest scam straight from North Wales in the UK involves faux pregnant women using fake pregnant bellies to blackmail married men they had casual encounters with.
The way it work is they meet these men online through mainstream dating services.Â They have a one night fling and contact the ‘mark’ 6 months later after sending pregnancy pictures, they meet briefly in person and the men are encouraged to feel the belly where their baby-to-be is living.Â Then the women says she needs up to $35,000 for a dangerous late-term abortion or even more money so they don’t sue for child support and reveal the affair.
These artificial copies molded from real pregnant womenâ€™s bellies are made of silica gel, and are being sold on the Internet. The silica gel makes them take on a very natural quality, close to human skin texture. Some online shop owners have said that the fake bellies are highly comfortable and have a flesh color.
This ring was cracked last Thurs. after police from the North East Wales District picked up Betty Perkforde, this was her 5th arrest for prostitution and she agreed to turn in the ring leader and this pack of grifters.
We interviewed one of the arresting police officers involved in the case that did not want to be identified and he said;
“We were very impressed with the patience and organization this group of scammers exhibited”. “They had no problem siting back and waiting months to re-contact these men and then showed ruthlessness in squeezing as much money as possible out of them”.Â “This is a whole new twist to prostitution and blackmail”.
When their large Wrexham home was raided they police found detailed ledgers of all the money extorted.Â In all there was 149 victims over the course of 26 months with Â£5.7 million euros having changed hands.Â There was 10 women involved and each would get approximately Â£8,000 euros per victim with the balance paid to their business manager, AKA; pimp.
Canada’s Transportation Minister was quoted as saying; â€œSure, talking on a cell phone while driving is dangerous but there are many other activities occurring that are just as dangerous if not more-so.â€ â€œFor example the other day I was almost side-swiped by a man that was completely distracted while picking his nose, and I donâ€™t mean just a nose scratch – he was in up to his knuckleâ€.
Toronto, Canada – December 5, 2011
For those of you not following the news over in the Great White North I will fill you in a little bit. Last year the â€˜distracted drivingâ€™ law came into effect, where-as you are not able to talk on a cell phone while driving without the risk of incurring a fine of up to $500. It seems one Canadian politician wants to take it one step further!
Jim Bradlley (Ontarioâ€™s transportation minister) made this statement last Thursday after telling reporters he was proud of the new legislation he helped draft.Â As they walked away he mentioned his plans to make this law much more encompassing in the near future. He was quoted as saying; â€œSure, talking on a cell phone while driving is dangerous but there are many other activities occurring during driving that are just as dangerous if not more-so.â€ â€œFor example the other day I was almost side-swiped by a man that was completely distracted while picking his nose, and I donâ€™t mean just a nose scratch – he was in up to his knuckleâ€.
He continued, “There has been testing done that has shown that picking your nose while driving is even more dangerous than using a cell phone because of the high occurrences of physical injury while conducting this type of behavior.” ” I would like to see all types of distractions lead to a hefty fine, my advice for this particular offense would be an $850 fine.”
At least one politician finds those comments worrying. â€œEveryone should realize there is no place this government will not go intruding into private lives,â€ Conservative MPP Randy Hillier said. He went on to say, â€œwhat is next? No eating broccoli with dinner due to the possibility of passing of gas into the atmosphere thereby increasing global warming?â€
Experts have questioned the effectiveness of distracted driving laws. In other jurisdictions they have not always changed driversâ€™ habits. After an initial reduction in New York, for example, cellphone use was reportedly back to pre-ban rates within one year.
The insurance industry says the new law is a good first step in making distracted driving socially unacceptable. In fact Bill Crespen of Waldenâ€™s Insurance says, â€œpersonally we would like to see all distractions result in large fines, whether it is picking your nose, applying make-up or talking on a cell phone – they can all potentially kill youâ€.
Big news today! Justine errr Justin Bieber got his hair cut! No more snazzy bob for the boy who is to become man.Â But he still looks very pretty…too pretty.Â He needs some facial hair or a scar, anything to make him look a little more manly!
Here are some reactions from his Twitter account:
â€¢ MeBeBecki: @justinbieber, those who unfollowed you because of your haircut obviously werent true fans. #riphairflip
â€¢ Alexislovesjb: Yeah, He got a haircut. #riphairflip but he still has talent! So stop being so immature about it and worry about something that matters!
â€¢ fikabieb: BIEBER ALERT. February 21th 2011 was an historical day, the world famous hairflip is gone, will miss @justinbieber â€™s hairflip #RIPhairflip
â€¢ lovingmyjbieber: #riphairflip may always remember the flip that had lil girls panties tingeling and moms buying cocert tickets.
â€¢ iswaggalikebieb: my mom said @justinbieber looked hot with his new haircut hahatotally AGREE!Helooks hot and he will look hot even f he is bald. #riphairflip
Sniffle, he only has 7.5 million fans following him now on Twitter
So what do you believe? Pablo Picasso was both hugely prolific and famously generous with his work, but was he enough of a free spirit to give hundreds of his early works — an invaluable collection — to his electrician?
That question lies at the heart of a court case over the origin of 271 Picasso works — a treasure trove of original sketches, paintings and collages that was unknown to the art world a few months ago and unveiled for the public on Monday.
Experts have yet to appraise the full collection, which has been placed under lock and key after a judicial appeal by Picasso’s heirs. But there is little dispute so far over its authenticity. The works, many of which belong to the artist’s Blue and Cubist periods, could fetch more than 60 million euros ($79 million) at auction.
More mysterious is how such an extensive collection could have wound up in the hands of a retired electrician in the south of France who once worked for the Picasso family, or why he chose to hold onto it for so many decades.
“We have questions, legitimate questions about where the paintings came from,” Claudia Andrieu, legal counsel for the Picasso Foundation, told Reuters Television. “We are discovering new pieces, completely unknown pieces that had never been printed in any book.”
The mystery began when Claude Picasso — son of the artist and head of the foundation named after him — received a letter from a man who said he owned original Picasso pieces and wanted to have them verified for authenticity.
Picasso convinced the man to bring the collection to Paris, saying he would be unable to verify it from photographs. The man arrived by car with the paintings in a suitcase and laid them out on a table.
“I felt a great surprise, naturally, lots of emotion at the discovery of pieces with which we were not familiar. But also a deep disturbance,” he told French daily Liberation. “Many of these pieces were not dated, which means they never should have left the studio.”
The man in question was Pierre Le Guennec, an electrician in his seventies who worked on Picasso’s property in the south of France during the 1970s. He told Reuters Television that Picasso’s wife gave him the artworks.
“It’s Madame (Picasso) who gave them. But if Madame gave them, Monsieur was aware of it. She wasn’t going to do it just like that, was she?” he said, speaking through a gate in front of his property. “What did you want me to do with them? … They stayed in a box with other boxes that I have, from my job.”
Yet Picasso’s heirs were not convinced.
While the artist was known to dash out sketches on napkins at restaurants and make spontaneous gifts to friends, he would not have separated with such a large store of work, his son told Liberation. “It doesn’t hold up, frankly,” Picasso said.
Andrieu of the Picasso Foundation said that Le Guennec had changed his story many times, first telling them he had received the paintings from Picasso himself, then Picasso’s wife, and alternately in a box or a trash can.
Questioned by the police, he said the paintings were given to him by Picasso’s wife, who died in 1986. Le Guennec denied stealing the paintings and told RTL radio he decided to ask about their value as a possible inheritance for his children.Â Probably stolen IMO.
The unconventional coffin, which costs 1,650 euros ($2,300), has aroused fascination among customers, said Brandl: “People are really interested because it’s so unique. Reactions have been very positive so far.”
Brandl, 32, and his 34-year-old business partner Michael Koenigsfeld, said they had branched out into the gay market in order to satisfy the increasing number of special requests they received.
“Even though the Lord Mayor of Berlin, the vice-chancellor and many others openly admit to being homosexual nowadays, marginal groups still face prejudices and bureaucratic hurdles,” the pair said in a statement.
They said they provided an individual and different service which offered “a warm and fantastical departure for same-sex couples.”
The gay couple also sell coffins and urns in rainbow colors — the international symbol of the gay and lesbian movement — and offer burials around a tree reserved exclusively for homosexuals.
The pair also cater for the heterosexual market in an unconventional way, giving customers the opportunity to get involved in designing coffins for their loved ones.
“You can choose different colors and designs,” Brandl said. “You could go for Cologne’s skyline or lots of women on your coffin. A grandmother might like images of her grandchildren on hers — there are loads of possibilities.”
A German woman who got her breast implants with a loan from her then boyfriend now fears her assets could be re-possessed after she failed to fully reimburse him, the 20-year-old woman told Bild newspaper.
Her ex-boyfriend is demanding that she return the 4,379 euros ($5,865) he gave her to pay for her breast enlargement surgery in 2009 or he’ll call the police and get the repossessors involved, Bild reported on Wednesday.
“It’s true that Carsten signed a loan agreement shortly before the operation,” the woman named only as Anastasia is quoted saying. “The condition was that I wouldn’t have to pay him back if I stayed with him for a year.”
But the pair split shortly after she underwent the plastic surgery. The woman said she had transferred 3,000 euros into her ex-boyfriend’s account last week.Â I don’t blame the guy, he should at least get a partial refund.
Has going green gone too far? The 2012 Ford Focus–launching early next year–is set to be decked out in recycled blue jeans in Ford’s latest effort to maximize eco-friendly materials.
The automotive company has a history of experimenting with eco-friendly materials–they’ve even used soy foam cushions before–and the recycled denim will be used in carpet-backing and sound absorption materials for “interior quietness” according to their press release.
I am not sure how I feel about having someones old jeans built into my car…..
Some might not be that appealing?
Then again, some do have a bit more re-use appeal!